Sunday, September 13, 2009

+Chapter Three

Kean woke up early in the morning, earlier than Haidyn wakes up by at least two hours. She got up and unbraided her hair exited to go out and buy Haidyn and Yena the gifts and go back home to see her Yena and Haidyn. “Yes! I can’t wait!” she exclaimed as she jumped into the air, “they are going to be so happy, and Yena won’t be mad anymore!” She brushed her hair and put a ponytail at the bottom then climbed out of the hole and put the plank of wood over it and she ran out of the stadium with her bag in her arms. The bag had her book, The Outsiders, her Swiss army knife, a hairbrush, and some coins that she collected too. She slowed down and walked onto the city streets then into the bazaar where a whole bunch of people set up stands and carts to sell their items for money. She walked over to one of the stands, titled Jewelry by Jessica, with jewelry set on it all laying out in an orderly manner, a tall, nice looking woman with short blond hair was standing at the stand wearing a light blue long sleeved turtleneck shirt and a long dark blue skirt. “Hello there, my name is Jessica, how can I help you?”




“Um…well…I uh…wanted to know Ma’am, if um…I could buy a that yellow necklace for my sister Haidyn, it’s her favorite color and its just as beautiful as she is”



“That is so sweet that you would do that for your sister, in fact I have never heard anyone say something so sweet about their sister so…you can have it for free”



“R…really? No strings attached?”



“Nope the only strings here have beads on them,” they both laughed.



“Thanks so much Ma’am”



“No problem, I hope your sister likes the necklace. Good day to you!” she waved goodbye.



“Good day to you too” she waved back then put the necklace in her bag as she walked down the street in the market place. “Hmmm… what does Yena like?” she thought then she saw a cart that was titled Nikki’s with a lady wearing a green shirt and brown pants standing behind it, She had dark skin and deep dark brown hair with auburn streaks. There were all kinds of items there including cell phones, lights, toys, earrings and bracelets, shoes, gloves, hats, temporary tattoos and hair colors on the cart. She walked up to the cart and the lady answered



“What can I do ya for honey?”



“Well Miss, um…I was uh…wondering if um… I could buy that purple headband for my t…twin sister Yena, purple is her favorite color and I…I think she might like it.”



“Sure sweetie, want it in a bag?”



“No I have one right here, but thanks for asking.”



Kean held out a silver coin to the lady to pay for headband but the lady pushed her hand back. Kean had a questioned look on her face wondering why she was rejected for payment. “I’ll pay for it just because you’re so sweet, here you go cutie.”



“Oh thank you Miss” she put the headband in her bag.



“Have a blessed day honey, and I hope your sister likes her headband.”



“You too miss” she smiled and walked out of the bazaar and onto Carpenters drive then turned and walked down Forcers avenue and quietly entered the old shed. Her sisters weren’t awake yet so she waited for them to wake up humming a song she heard a woman singing on the corner at the bazaar. Finally Haidyn and Yena woke up and were surprised to see their sister sitting in front of them actually smiling. Kean frequently showed no facial expressions or emotions, but today she seemed happy. Yena rubbed her eyes and Haidyn yawned then got up.



“Good morning sisters!” said Kean excitedly.



“Hey Kean!” said Haidyn.



Yena didn’t greet her sister she just sat on the floor looking up at them.



“I got both of you something while I was gone, I hope ya’ll like it” she reached her hand in her bag and took out the light yellow necklace and gave it to Haidyn “This is for you Haidyn I knew it was your favorite color “



“Thanks Kean, its so pretty” she hugged her then put it on.



Kean put her hand back in the bag and pulled out a pinkish-purple headband and gave it to Yena “I didn’t really know what you liked but I knew favorite color was purple so I hope you like it Yena.”



“Um…thanks Kean” she looked at the headband and positioned it on her head behind her bangs then looked at her reflection in the mirror.



“That looks pretty on you Yena,” said Haidyn with a smile.



“I think so too” added Kean.



“Really?” said Yena looking in the old broken mirror. She smiled a little and tilted her head to the side getting her bangs out of her eyes. She actually saw herself as beautiful with her new headband on and she was so grateful that she jumped up and hugged Kean.



Kean was surprised but then immediately hugged back and smiled.



“I think that was all they truly wanted,” thought Haidyn as she watched her sisters“ Yena wanted to feel beautiful, and Kean wanted her twin sister to at least like her.” She sighed, “This is a beautiful moment”



Kean was so happy that a tear ran down her cheek, as she closed her eyes and smiled as Yena thought to herself “now I am beautiful like my sisters, I don’t look like a boy anymore! Thank you so much Kean.” Kean and Yena were truly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment